Friday, July 17, 2009

Bul Go Burgers

It's July. This means burger season. If I have to go out in the rain to grill my burgers, so be it. It's summer.

There's a little supermarket not too far from my home. They don't have everything there, but they do have great veggies & the beef is freshly ground. I go in, with the plan of making korean-style beef burgers, I come out & feel as though I will be swept away with the flood rains pouring through the city. No matter, I have everything I need (an umbrella), so I walk home, start cooking & hope that rain will stop.

Bulgogi Burgers with Sweet Potato & Zucchini Fries

330 g ground beef
2 Tbsp red wine
1 Tbsp each minced garlic & ginger
1 green onion, chopped
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp panko (or regular breadcumbs)
1 sweet potato, peeled & sliced thinly
2 zucchinis, sliced thinly
1 medium onion, sliced
Kimchi

Mix beef, wine, garlic, ginger, green onion, soy & panko together, shape into patties & allow to sit (covered, in the fridge) for 30 minutes.
Make zucchini & sweet potato chips: add slices to hot oil & drain.
Sautee onions unitl translucent.
Grill burgers.
Serve burgers with Kimchi (store bought) and cooked onion rings.

Hopefully these rains will stop for more than a few hours. There was a day of sun this week, maybe there'll be another one soon.

3 comments:

Murasaki Shikibu said...

The fried zucchini and sweet potatoes are great. Love this execution.

Cathy said...

We finally hit 31 degrees here yesterday!! It's amazing because in approximately 6 weeks we'll probably see some snow on the ground ;)

mmmmmmmmmm bulgogi...I'm going to give these a try.

taste traveller said...

Murasaki: Thanks! They're also tasty ;-) I find it hard to get the oil at the right temperature; I'm not too sure how much deep frying I'll be doing in the future.

Cathy: You are the Burger Queen! I'd be flattered if you tried them. 6 weeks of summer: it's not that much better in Ontario.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin