Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Morning Vitamins

Somehow, I bought too many groceries this weekend. It happens from time to time. Normally, I have no idea when I'm going to cook and eat all of this stuff. This time, I was at a loss as to where to put it all. Most of the stuff was frozen but an unpleasant by-product of work stress last week was the purchase of an obscence amount of ice cream, which resulted in a lack of freezer space. There were things that had to go. The bananas I was saving for banana bread: gone. The bag of berries that I am yet to turn into smoothies: your time has come.

Banana Berry Boost
1 frozen banana
1/3 c mixed frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, currants, strawberries)
1/2 c orange juice
3 Tbsp mint
2" piece of ginger, peeled
1/3 c cooled white or green tea

Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend. Pour into glasses, garnish with any extra mint you may have.

I have a funny feeling I'll be drinking these for the next few days, which isn't all that bad. It keeps me away from the ice cream.


Cathy said...

I'd put the ice cream into the smoothie ;)

taste traveller said...

Of course! Why didn't I think of that? ;-)

pixen said...


Murasaki Shikibu said...

I love smoothies - especially the ones with berries in them. :)

StarGate Nutrition said...

hmmm sounds lovely and great tasting. If you want real vitamins when you do not have the time to whip this up - StarGate Nutrition. 16 times more effective.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin