Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Birthdays, Visits & Other Adventures

It was my birthday on the weekend. Again. After 2 months, I finally cashed in on the trip I got as a present. Venice was good - details will follow.

In the meantime, I still have to buy the giver of the Birthday-in-Venice trip a birthday present. I have 2 days to find something as wicked as a weekend in Venice. I am doomed to fail.

In addition to the stress of work, which has become normal, I am also expecting visitors next week. In my few free moments, I am trying to find amusement for them in Stuttgart. Why? I'm not really sure. I usually provide my own entertainment in Stuttgart, I do not rely on the city.

All this, plus the onslought of allergy season, means that it's meatloaf night tonight. While I make a mean meatloaf, I'm not going to bore anyone with details beyond this: use wine. Lots of it. Not in the meatloaf.

For my birthday this year, I went to a restaurant with sofas. You lie on the sofa, and are fed 10 courses. One of the appetizers was a bajhi with a jogurt tahini sauce. While I'm not a fan of deep-fried foods at home, I am turning into a huge fan of chickpea flour. I thought I would try some zuchinni pancakes with chickpea flour. Not perfect, but I might try it again, with a little bit of tweaking.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday! Mine is in 2 weeks...no trip to Venice for me though :) Your birthday dinner sounds great! I once went to a restaurant where they serve you the whole meal in bed...great fun!

taste traveller said...

Thanks! A whole meal in bed? This sounds too good to be true - where was it? It might even be worth a trip to Calgary!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin